Contact form below!
Thanks, The Trainer
I only do “One On One ” Boxing and Functional Training! All space and equipment is just for you! The Trainer
Are you bored and tired with using the same “piston style machines” that take up the majority of space in most gyms? “Functional training” is quickly becoming “THE” preferred method of training, and for good reason. “Functional training ” is fun! Remember, as a kid, when you had “fun” playing(working out)? Then you became an adult and they told you to go inside, with other adults, and do 3 sets of 8 reps and then walk around and do it again and again and again repeatedly? I’m about to fall asleep thinking about it! I remember because I used to do my training just like that, boring and zero passion! What’s more, I have been injured many times on “machines” that didn’t allow any movement and that “pounded” the same little spot on the same muscle every time I used it!
“Functional training”, as well as boxing, is about using a lot of movement, as in life, at many different angles that give you, not just lots of enjoyment, but a healthy and more “human” looking and feeling body!
Boxing is about as functional as you can get and what you learn in boxing you can take into the rest of your life whether you continue a boxing career or not!
The Trainer’s positive life accomplishments:
- Grew up on a farm in Kentucky and learned the art of hard work and accomplishment.
- Obtained a degree in computer programming and nursing.
- Worked as an RN in CCU/ICU/ER for 15 years.
- Competed in 59 bodybuilding shows.
- Competed in 26 Powerlifting events. Best lift squat where I did 1000 pounds in training and 850 pounds in competition.
- Competed in over 500 foot races from 5K – 125K(126 marathons, 258 half marathons, 36 ultra marathons including the “Canadian Death Race” in 2015. The rest mostly 5 and 10Ks.
- Spent hundreds of hours over the years sparring in boxing. It all started with “Rocky”. I was never the same after I saw that movie!
- Have totally accepted myself for whom I am and try to always take responsibility for any choices I make. I expect the same from my clients!
So give Boxing and/or Functional training a try and you will see what I mean! Rick “THE” Trainer!
•How to become a member of The Trainer’s Dream Team. (Become a client)
1- schedule a 1 hour FREE consultation to determine if you and I are a good fit. We will discuss your goals and how “we” can work together to achieve them. Please bring plenty of questions. I was an RN in CCU for15 years, so health questions are great to ask as well! This is a “discussion ” only session.
2- sign a contract for 3 months once a week (all sessions are a full hour in length). See rates below. Everyone starts out with only once a week (but you will work out at least 2 more times a week on your own) for the first 12 weeks but after that you may sign up for as many times as you wish! This is for you! I have found over the past many years that if someone starts out doing “too much too fast” then their future fitness endeavors suffer. That is not what I want for you!
3- show up with plenty of passion and a great desire to have fun achieving the goals “you” have set for yourself! Be prepared for training different than you have ever experienced in your past! Oh, also get ready to have fun!
Rates: one session $50.00
*3 month contract $33.00/session (this is what all new clients start with. After 3 months they may re-sign with any of contracts offered)
*6 month contract $30.00/session
*12 month contract $25.00/session
**** all new clients must pay the full amount of $396.00 up front. When they renew, they may make monthly payments if they choose to or get a discount(see below) for paying all funds due up front.
*** 3 & 6 and 12 month contracts get a [5% discount] if paid in full at signing.You may choose to pay equal monthly payments but do not get the discount.
**** ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS****
• Every session client will get a health & fitness multiple choice question worth $2.00 gift certificate that you may turn in when you renew.
• at resigning, 3 & 6 month contracts get a $25.00 health and fitness multiple choice question. 12 month contracts get a $50.00 question.
• everyone designated as “Athlete of the Month” gets a $50.00 gift certificate
• all current clients that refers me a person that signs up for a 3 month contract will get a $50.00 gift certificate!
• every current client at Christmas time gets a $25.00 gift certificate
• every client, on their birthday, gets a $10.00 gift certificate.
15 3rd St. Hood River