“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
Is the regular 3 sets of 8 not doing it for you? You need more movement and less “straight line pounding!” The more range of motion that you get into your workouts will give you more of what you want(looks and ability) and better yet, you’ll “enjoy” it so much more! Thanks, The Trainer (RN)*
I have always liked Chuck Norris for many reasons, but mostly because, in the movies and in life, he is a man with a code and he sticks to it when times are easier or harder! When focusing on positive “change” in your life, I believe you would greatly benefit from developing your own “CODE!” I believe it will help you as well!
Chuck Norris’ Code of Ethics
• will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways
• I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on the greater achievement
• I will always be in a positive frame of mind and convey this feeling to every person I meet
• I will continually work at developing love, happiness and loyalty in my family and acknowledge that no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
• I will look for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile
If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing
• I will give so much time to the improvement of myself that I will have no time to criticize others
• I will be enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own success
• I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness toward another person’s viewpoint while still holding fast to what I know to be true and honest
• I will maintain respect for those in authortity and demonstrate this respect at all times
• I will always remain loyal to my country and ovey the law of the land
• I will remain highly goal oriented throughout my life because of that positive attitude helps my family, my country and myself.
Why do I emphasize have “fun” during all workouts? Because I’ve been lifting for 45 years and looking back I see that the one common item that kept me moving forward was “having fun!” The Trainer (RN) *
Some things you may not see at other establishments…
* every session you will get a multiple choice question(human body) that, if correct, you will get you a $2.00 gift certificate. If you get it wrong, nothing happens! I do this because I believe, and it has been scientifically proven, that the more you know about your body, the more you will get from it when worked(example: 30-35% more strength and muscle mass! Check out the study!
* we will do testing, based on your goals, on day one! (Example: Bodyfat, step test(heart rate), slide board, posture grid pictures, jump mat, push ups & other resistance exercises, vital signs (including heart rate, blood pressure, one lead ekg, oxygen saturation etc.)
* you will get a $25.00 question (human body) at time of renewal.
* if you are chosen as “The Trainer’s Choice Athlete” then you will get a $50.00 gift certificate and articles sent out about your awesome progress!
* free bottled water!
* free use of towels!
* $50.00 gift certificate when you refer someone to me and they sign up!
* full hour of training!
* a trainer that truly is much more concerned about helping you achieve your goals, that you have set, than anything else!
* a trainer that has 15 years experience in the medical field(RN CCU). Not just getting a certificate off of the internet!
“If you can’t dream big, ridiculous dreams, what’s the point in dreaming at all?”- Rhonda Rousey